Monday, February 6, 2012

My project of the past year...

OK...  So I admittedly vanished...  Again.  And I have the pics to explain why!!  In July of 2011, it became rather emergent that I take on what was to be a somewhat minor renovation project - my cats had ruined the carpet in a room in my house & the ceiling tile was not enough of an insulative barrier... SO, I decided to take it out. I was so excited to get things started that I forgot to take ANY pics until the furniture was all out of the room and half the carpeting gone!

Then there came the inspector general...
 
 All rolled up and ready for the trash...
And treating the floors - hydrogen peroxide wash then baking soda odor absorbent (trust me, it works!)

And then came the ceiling...


 
All the way to the insulation - YAY!!!  Uhhh...  Wait...  What was THIS:

What it translated to was my somewhat minor renovation became a LOT more complicated  :-(
SO..  Suddenly I was going to get a little course in wiring 101 and the safe and unsafe practices of the people who last worked on my house...  Let's suffice to say that it got messy:

The bottom layer of insulation came down, wiring came out, insulation went back UP, holes got intentionally punched into my walls, and wiring got replaced. WHEW!!   (Tired yet??) Several gentlemen from my church were wonderful in getting the wiring issue resolved - absolutely no way I could have done that myself!!

SO, since we were done with all of the DEstruction, it was time (in late September, early October by then) to begin reCONstruction..  That'll be another post later this week  :-)  And you can hold me to that one!!!
Talk to you then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment